Fresh from the office of Gov. Chester Culver:
PUBLIC SCHEDULE FOR GOVERNOR CHET CULVER
Friday, May 22, 2009
WHAT: Governor Chet Culver will sign five disaster related bills :
• Senate Files 415 – an act relating to the acquisition of title to disaster-affected abandoned property by cities in certain years and authorizing cities to establish a property rights defense account.
• Senate File 377 – an act relating to the prescription drug donation repository program.
• House Files 705 – an act concerning safe rooms and storm shelters in newly constructed buildings.
• House File 756 – an act an act relating to regional watershed, land use, and floodplain management policies, and providing for the establishment of a council.
• House File 759 – an act requiring counties and cities with flood hazard areas within their boundaries to participate in the national flood insurance program.
WHERE: Mays Island
Linn County Courthouse
930 First Street SW
Cedar Rapids, IA